Espanyol vs. Valencia Forecast May 12, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 02:00 pm, Estadio Cornella-El Prat, Cornella de Llobregat
- Valencia beat Espanyol 2-1 in the first meeting of two teams at the Mestalla. Valencia had superior first through Aritz Aduriz in the first round before Ricardo Costa create an own goal. Juan Mata Valencia eventually became the decisive victory through a goal in second half injury time.
- Currently, Espanyol are still stuck in rank-8 standings with 48 points from 35 matches, four points adrift of the European zone. With the remaining three matches to play, Espanyol must win the whole game if you want to play in Europe next season.
- Espanyol only able to achieve one victory from his last seven games in La Liga, and only able to score five goals.
- Performance Espanyol cage was not being stable. Since the beginning of the year, Espanyol grabbed four wins, one draw and four defeats if it appears in Cornella-El Prat.
- Valencia is still firmly in the top-3 standings with 66 points from 35 matches, five points clear of Villarreal at the bottom. Valencia must achieve maximum points in three games remaining to preserve rank-3 from Villarreal.
- Valencia recent away record is good enough, able to reach seven victories and only two defeats to swallow than 10 away games in La Liga last.
Head 2 Head:
January 2, 2011: Valencia 2-1 Espanyol (La Liga)
May 1, 2010: Espanyol 0-2 Valencia (La Liga)
January 2, 2010: Valencia 1-0 Espanyol (La Liga)
May 3, 2009: Espanyol 3-0 Valencia (La Liga)
December 13, 2008: Valencia 2-1 Espanyol (La Liga)
Espanyol last five games:
May 8: Barcelona 2-0 Espanyol (La Liga)
2 May: Espanyol 2-1 Athletic Bilbao (La Liga)
24 April: Sporting Gijon 1-0 Espanyol (La Liga)
17 April: Espanyol 2-2 Atletico Madrid (La Liga)
10 April: Hercules 0-0 Espanyol (La Liga)
Valencia last five games:
7 May: Valencia 3-0 Real Sociedad (La Liga)
May 1: Osasuna 1-0 Valencia (La Liga)
23 April: Valencia 3-6 Real Madrid (La Liga)
16 April: Almeria 0-3 Valencia (La Liga)
10 April: Valencia 5-0 Villarreal (La Liga)
Predicted starting XI:
Espanyol: Kameni, Chica, Rodriguez, Amat, Galan, Callejon, Javi Lopez, Alonso Marquez, Verdu, Osvaldo.
Valencia: Guaita, Mathieu, R. Costa, Dealbert, Miguel, Banega, Albelda, Mata, Joaquin, Soldado, Aduriz.
Percentage of victory: Valencia Espanyol 50-50